Thursday, December 8, 2011

Baking session: Blueberry Muffin

before..
The above photo is just another attempt in making muffins. Maryam loves muffin very much and whenever she asks for it, I'll rather bake it myself rather than buying from Woolies or Coles..hehe..

Of yes, have you ever think of what is the difference between a muffin and a cupcake?

If I were to choose, I prefer a muffin (any flavour) rather than those icy-colourful cupcakes. But, it doesn't mean I don't eat them at all. Kalau ada depan mata, of course I'll eat it =)

I've found this from this great site,

The quick-and-dirty answer on this is that cupcakes have frosting, whereas muffins do not. However, in researching, I found an excellent formulaic definition of the difference courtesy of Diana's Desserts: 'A basic formula for muffins is 2 cups flour, 2-4 tablespoons sugar, 2½ teaspoons baking powder, ½ teaspoon salt, 1 egg, ¼ cup oil, shortening or butter and 1 cup milk. When the fat, sugar and egg ratio in a recipe reaches double or more than this, you have reached the cake level.

As for me, I would say muffin's texture is very much airy and softer rather than cupcakes. And it normally uses vegetable oil instead of butter in cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment