Saturday, March 12, 2011

Mascarpone...

Another entry related to the latest trial and error of making the tiramisu. Alhamdulillah it turned out well and was hoping to make it for the second and third time insyaAllah since there are many finger biscuits left.

The first time I had the taste was way back in 2003-2004. It was made by K Lin, during my uni days. I really like the taste and we always asked for more from her..hehe..But, this time was the first opportunity that I have since it is quite difficult to get the mascarpone cheese. And it's quite pricy too! Yes, I know that you can get the cheese easily but it's difficult to get the Halal one.

But, Alhamdulillah I managed to find one after googling for it. It's CreamofCreams. As per stated in the web, you can get it either in Tesco, Giant or Cold Storage. I wasn't lucky enough as I couldn't find any during my visits to a few of Giant branches. But, I found it at Cold Storage at one visit! Alhamdulillah. Since I know it is quite difficult to get it, I've bought 6 boxes of 250gm each! Heheh...Did I say that, it is very much cheaper than other brands. It's just RM11.99 in comparison with the imported one; RM 25.99.

Mascarpone Cheese; main ingredients in tiramisu
Since there were 2 boxes left, I'll be making a tiramisu again for the third time. We'll see when is the right time..eheh.. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment